Saturday, May 16, 2009

Because I suck at keeping a private journal...

...I figure I might as well have a public blog. At this point, it's just as useful as the former, but at least it has the chance of being out in the open, welcome to criticism, advice, community, among other things. Now I need a reputation...

My blog will hopefully contain at least a thought-a-day, or a post of some kind, whether its a Youtube clip, great music, interesting articles, etc. ; something to fill the void.

Marshall Turner was the name of a character I created years ago for a script I created called Predator 3 (uh huh). Needless to say, not only did that script suck, but current copyright laws would have prevented me from selling the screenplay anyway if I was ever so nervy. The name stuck for some reason. Probably because it has a nice ring to it. Maybe because the only other "Marshall" I know is the great Eminem. Hmm...now that I think of it, Marshall was probably the only black character, and I wanted him to live at the end of the film (Damn, was I original!)...nah, he was white. He was friends with the black guy, though. I think they both lived.

Just for the Hell of it, the plot of Predator 3 was that a group of war veterans go deer hunting after the Vietnam War, and have to face the Predator...

...........

Needless to say, my writing skills have matured much since then, which is partially why this is "The Evolution of Marshall Turner." I want to display my even-changing progression of thought, spiritual maturity, artistic skills, political opinions (I have none at the moment), all that good stuff. Not since writing that script (be glad), but from this moment on. What thoughts have strongly stayed with me from my past, I'll share. Otherwise, it's strictly present day jive.* Thanks, Zen.

Marshall Turner is also my Deviant Art name. I may move some of my art from there to here if I feel the need.

So, if you've read this first post, you know my deal. I'll try to stay posted as often as possible.

Thank you and God bless.


* I just looked up "jive" in the dictionary. I did not mean it that way. I've heard the word used many times, but didn't know what it meant. I just used it because it sounded appropriately cool. Boy, I've got some growing to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment