Monday, July 27, 2009

More Delays on Continuation of "Avatar" Review

Eventually, I may start all over, rewatching the entire series, and then writing a decent overall review, but for now, more delays.

First and foremost, I am switching episodes. Instead of "The Chase," I will review "Lake Laogai," which may or may have not been the alternative episode of choice, but it is the chosen one now.

I tried to find "The Chase" at my local Blockbuster, but they didn't have it. They haven't had much since the store space was cut down by half to make room for a clothing shop. They did, however, have Death Proof (which I will be showing to my friend, a Tarantino fan, this weekend) and the Avatar disk containing "Lake Laogai," so I got those. From this day on, though, I will never go to that Blockbuster again. Now where will I get my movies?

Anyhow, this is one reason I switched episodes. The others are: 1) to rewatch the episode the way it was meant to be watched - on television (quality varies from screen to screen, but it's more authenthic this way); and 2) to listen to the Audio Commentary, so that on a limited yet personal level, I can understand what Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were aiming for when they made this one. Their clarifications might actually help me like the episode more. (It is by all means one of the better Avatar episodes that aired.)

No comments:

Post a Comment